BioM: Oelke, Rena
Contact: History Buffs
Surnames: OELKE LEUTH BRANDT JACOBI NICKOLY SEEKEFFER UTKE
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 06/03/1937
Oelke, Rena (Marriage - 2 June 1937)
A princess gown of white satin trimmed in Chantilly lace was worn by Miss Rena Oelke, Abbotsford, for her wedding to Carl Leuth, Curtiss, Wednesday afternoon. The ceremony was read at 2 o’clock at Christ Evangelical Lutheran church, with the Rev. John Brandt of Dorchester officiating. Over her wedding gown the bride wore a long veil of tulle embroidered with lace and fastened in cap effect with orange blossoms. She carried a shower bouquet of pink and white roses, and sweet peas and babies-breath.
Miss Doris Jacobi, Abbotsford, attending as bridesmaid, was attired in a floor-length frock of yellow organdy and carried pink and white carnations. Walter Leuth, Curtiss, brother of the bridegroom, served as groomsman.
A 6 o’clock dinner was served at the home of the bride’s father, Gustave Oelke, covers being laid for forty-five. The house was decorated in pink, yellow and white and the buffet table, centered with a wedding cake, was decorated with cut flowers and lighted candles. Flowers were also used to decorate the church. The guests from away included Mrs. Julius Nickoly, Baraboo, sister of the bride, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Seekeffer, and son, Chester, Marshfield, Mr. and Mrs. LeRoy Utke, Owen, the bride’s brothers, Henry and Edward Oelke, and their families, Medford, another brother, Ben Oelke, and wife, Dorchester, and the bridegroom’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Leuth, Sr., and Mr. and Mrs. Fielder Leuth and children, Curtiss, Wis.
Mr. Leuth and his bride will travel through northern Wisconsin and Minnesota on their honeymoon. They will make their home at Abbotsford and will be at home to friends after July 1st.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs