Surnames: MISENER JOHNSON OLSON LOOS KAISER CARLSON FORREST PETERSON
----Sources: Scrapbook Collection of History Buffs, newspaper article from June 1941
Misener, Genevieve (Marriage - 28 June 1941)
The wedding of a Unity couple, Miss Genevieve Mildred Misener and Forrest Loren Johnson, was solemnized at 3 o’clock this afternoon at the Trinity Lutheran Church of Unity. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Van Misener, and the groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Johnson of Chicago. The Rev. J. A. Olson read the nuptial rites before an altar decorated with baskets of pink and white roses and blue delphinium.
Valenciennes lace trimmed the full skirt and sweetheart neckline of the bride’s sheer white organza gown, which had short puffed sleeves. She carried a bouquet of Talisman roses, white carnations, and baby’s breath, tied with ribbon, and her fingertip veil edged in lace fell in folds from a tiara embroidered with seed pearls and orange blossoms.
Miss Marjean Loos, Marshfield, cousin of the bride, attended as maid of honor in a sheer pink marquisette dress with a full skirt and fitted bodice. White carnations, pink sweet peas, and baby’s breath fashioned her bouquet. Mrs. Andrew Kaiser, bridesmaid, was attired in sheer blue marquisette, and carried a bouquet similar to that carried by Miss Loos. Clifford Carlson of Unity, cousin of the groom, was best man, and Andrew Kaiser acted as usher.
About 50 guests were present at a reception in the church parlors at the close of the ceremony. Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Johnson and family and Warren Misener, Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Eric Forrest and daughters, Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. John M. Peterson, Neillsville, Wis. Both bride and groom attended High School in Unity and will make their home in that village, where Mr. Johnson is owner of a garage. They will be at home to friends after July 6.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs