Mr./Mrs. Dietrich (25th Anniv. - 1933)
Surnames: MILLER FEIND BEISNER WELLER BEAWER LEMBURG SCHWARTZ SCHMIDT WOEBLERT BUCHHOLZ NOWAK COPPERSMITH MIMM
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/21/1933
Miller, Mr./Mrs. Dietrich (25th Anniv. - 16 Sept. 1933)
Relatives and friends of Mr. and Mrs. Dietrich Miller gathered at their home last Saturday afternoon and evening to help them celebrate their silver wedding anniversary.
Covers were laid for forty-five at a six o’clock supper. The evening was spent at cards, pinochle and schafskopf being played. Ladies’ prizes in pinochle went to Miss Verna Feind and Miss Irene Feind and the gentlemen’s prizes to Fred Beisner and Walter Weller. Schafskopf prize went to Will Beawer.
Two beautifully decorated wedding cakes, the gifts of friends, graced the table. Other gifts included silver, linen, and bouquets of flowers from friends in Dodge, Marathon, Wood and Clark counties. Miss Evelyn Lemburg of Wausau, who could not be present, sent a bouquet of 25 different flowers. At midnight, during lunch, several ladies furnished tinpan music for the occasion.
Mr. and Mrs. Miller were married in Fond du Lac on Sept. 16th, 1908, and came immediately to Colby, and moved onto the farm home of Mr. Miller, two and a half miles southwest of the city on County Trunk N, where they have since resided.
Sixty-five people attended the celebration, of whom the following were out-of-town guests:
Mr. and Mrs. John Schwartz of Theresa; Mr. Edgar Schmidt and sister, Miss Marie, of Lomira; Mr. and Mrs. Math Lemburg and Mr. and Mrs. Charles Woeblert of Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. August Buchholz and daughter, Anita, of Ladysmith; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Buchholz, son Art Buchholz, and Miss Anna Nowak, of Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Beisner of Dorchester; Mrs. Myrtle Coppersmith of Genoa City and Mr. John Mimm of Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs