Neillsville - The Neillsville Club (25 Dec. 1883)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: French, Hewett, Schuster, Lindsay, Dewhurst, Ring, Gates, O’Neill, Sniteman, Kirkland, Sturdevant, Hoffman, Covill, Colburn, Bruley, Saupe, Hammel, Morley, Baruch, Dole, Thayer, Tolford, Youmans, Lowe, Ring, Hamlin, Grow, Schuster, Bradshaw, Klpf, Stanard, Dagners, Roberts, Eyerly, Kennedy, Ludington, Vaughn, Crocker, Gallaher, Retiz, McMillan
----Sources: Neillsville Times (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 25 Dec. 1883
The Neillsville Club
The final organization of the club was effected last Saturday at the club rooms in the Gates block. Articles of incorporation were filed with the Register of Deeds on the 17th of December, 1883, and the 22nd of December was appointed for the first meeting. The meeting was called to order by B. F. French, and the club preceded by ballot to the election of officers resulting as follows: President, Hon. B. F. French; Vice President, James Hewett; Secretary and Treasurer, Louis Schuster; Directors, for one year F. D. Lindsay and Richard Dewhurst; for two years, M. C. Ring and James L. Gates; for three years, Jas. O’Neill and C. C. Sniteman. Upon motion a committee on by laws was appointed, consisting of M. C. Ring, James O’Neill, and Chas. F. Grow. The meeting adjourned to meet January 1st, at 7:30 p.m. the following persons have singed the articles of association: F. D. Lindsay, F. S. Kirkland, James Hewett, J. R. Sturdevant, J. K. Hoffman, W. S. Coville, W. S. Colburn, E. Bruley, J. C. Saupe, Joseph Hammel, W. B. Morley, G. Baruch, F. A. Dole, J. H. Thayer, J. W. Tolford, C. A. Youmans, Thos. Lowe, L. B. Ring, M. E. Hamlin, Chas. F. Grow, Louis Schuster, C. B. Bradshaw, J. L. Gates, W. G. Klopf, J. D. Stanard, B. Dangers, Dwight Roberts, B. F. French, H. H. Youmans, H. D. Eyerly, Dan Kennedy, Geo. A. Ludington, James O’Neill, M. C. Ring, A. C. Vaugh, E. E. Crocker, L. W. Gallaher, Charles Sniteman, Henry Klopf, Jesse Lowe, Fred Reitz, Richard Dewhurst, John D. McMillan.
A handsome body Brussels carpet, costing $120 from Judson & Co., Chicago, is already put down, and some elegant cherry chairs from Andrews & Co, are on the way. The rest of the furniture will be purchased at once. The rooms are now open to members of the club only and visitors from abroad. The club starts off auspiciously, and the good feeling attending its organizing promise well.
1883 Christmas Card
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs