Mary Jane (1949)
Surnames: FISCHER BENNETT HOFFMAN OTT NEUMAN SEEFELDT ADLER
----Sources: Marathon County Register (Unity, Clark Co., Wis.) 06/17/1949
Fischer, Mary Jane (Marriage - 14 Jun. 1949)
Mary Jane Fischer, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Fischer of Unity, and Irvin R. Bennett, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ermon E. Bennett, of Wisconsin Rapids were married on Saturday June 14th at 1:00 o’clock at St. John’s Lutheran Church at Spencer, Wis.; Rev. O. Hoffman of Colby officiated.
Arla Mae and Lou Ann Ott of Marshfield, cousins of the bride, sang "O Promise Me" and "The Lord’s Prayer." Beverly Neuman, niece of the bride, was maid of honor and Darlene Fischer, sister of the bride, and Celia Bennett, sister of the groom, were bridesmaids. The groom was attended by Richard Fischer, brother of the bride, and Bradley Bennett, brother of the groom. Ronald Seefeldt, nephew of the bride, carried the rings on a satin pillow. Carol Adler, niece of the bride, was flower girl.
The bride was attired in a gown of white satin with fitted bodice, net yoke, lace trim, long sleeves, long train, fingertip veil with heart shaped headdress. Her cascade bouquet consisted of calla lilies, deep pink roses and lilies of the valley. Her attendants wore gowns of lime green taffeta, yellow taffeta and orchid taffeta, respectively, gauntlets and matching hats. Their bouquets consisted of pink roses and white carnations. The flower girl wore a dress of white taffeta, identical to those of the attendants.
A dinner was given for the immediate families in the parlors of the church following the ceremony. A reception was held in the afternoon and evening at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Seefeldt, Spencer. The home was trimmed in yellow, white and green.
The young couple will make a wedding trip to the western coast and will be at home after that at R. 2, Wisconsin Rapids.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs