Alice May (1877 - 1940)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Andrus, Cole, Rode, Adams
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Wis.) Sat., 3 Aug. 1940
Andrus, Alice May (18 May 1877 - 24 July 1940)
Mrs. Frank Andrus, of Osseo, died at an Eau Claire hospital last Thursday night after a number of weeks serious illness, at the age of 63 years. The remains were taken to Osseo, where funeral services were held Sunday afternoon. Interment was in the family lot in Mentor Cemetery.
Mrs. Andrus is survived by her husband, her mother, Mrs. Ellen Cole, of this village; and one brother, Willard W. Cole, of Alma Center.
* * * *
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Wis.) Sat., 10 Aug. 1940
Alice May Cole, only daughter of the late Lester and Mrs. Ellen Cole, was born May 18, 1877, at Humbird, where she attended school, and grew to young womanhood. She was united in marriage on Christmas Day, Dec. 25, 1896, with Mr. Frank. H. Andrus. Their home was established in this village for a few years, and then they located in Osseo, which continued as their home until the time of her death. Mrs. Andrus passed away at an Eau Claire Hospital on July 24, 1940, aged 63 years, 2 months and 6 days.
Her father passed away in April, 1912. Mrs. Andrus is survived by her husband; her aged mother, Mrs. Ellen Cole, of this village; and an only brother, Willard W. Cole, of Alma Center; besides a number of other near relatives, and many close friends.
Funeral services were held at her home and at the Osseo church on Sunday afternoon, July 28th, and the many beautiful flowers testified to the esteem in which she was held by the people among who she had lived for the past thirty-five years. Interment was in Mentor Cemetery. Relatives from away attending were Mrs. May Rode and daughter from Randolph, and Frank Adams and wife, Alma Center.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs