Schools: Humbird High School (33 Ann.
Banq. - 3 June 1939)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Noyes, Laffe, Bryner, Fristad, Weidler, Kelsh, Hart, LeCaptain, Smith, Theiler
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Wis.) Sat., 3 June 1939
Monday evening, forty-eight members and guests of the Humbird High School Alumni school for the thirty-third annual banquet of the associations. The session opened with a business meeting, Edmund Noyes, president, presiding. The routine business was transacted and election of officers for the ensuring years was held with the following selected: Henry E. Laffe, president; Alvin Bryner, vice president; Nordahl S. Fristad, treasurer; and Mrs. Bertha Weidler, secretary.
An excellent banquet followed which was prepared by Mrs. Dora Kelsh, and nicely served by the young ladies of the junior class.
The president introduced as the toastmaster of the evening, Harold Hart, of the golden jubilee Class of 1936, whose qualifications for such a position are unexcelled. The principal numbers of the program were the introduction of the new class by Prin. Herman LeCaptain, in which he told with a touch of humor some of the characteristics of the new members comprising the Class of 1939. Mrs. Edith Smith, of the Class of 1912, welcomed the new class, in a very pleasing manner, and her son Robert A. Smith, responded happily for the newcomers. Mrs. Emma Theiler responded to a toast, as did others, but the program was somewhat curtailed owing to lateness of the hour.
The thirty-third annual bouquet will stand in the history of the association as one of the most successful in recent years, thanks to the energy and faithfulness of the officers and committees. All are hoping that the older members of the association, the earlier graduates of the high school, will always retain their interest in the alumni.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs