Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Kirby, Walker, Fahlgren, Waters, Theiler, Trachsel, Anderson, Finnegan, Senske, Hoyt, Spielman, Monroe
----Sources: Humbird Enterprise (Humbird, Wis.) Sat., 6 Aug. 1938
Kirby, Margaret (Marriage - 30 July 1938)
Miss Margaret Kirby became the bride of Mr. Bervel Walker in a very pretty ceremony at the Humbird Methodist Church Saturday, July 30th, at 2:00 o’clock. The Rev. Floyd A. Fahlgren united the young couple, using the single ring ceremony. Mrs. Willard Waters sang, "Oh, Promise Me," accompanied by Mrs. Will Theiler, who also played the wedding march.
The bride, looking lovely in a white silk crepe and lace dress, with a corsage of pink roses and sweet peas, marched up the aisle on the arm of her father, Archie L. Kirby, who gave her in marriage. They were met at the altar by the groom and attendants. The bridesmaids were Miss Lillian Trachsel, a schoolmate, and Miss Elma Flanagan, a cousin. The groom’s attendants were Mr. Patrick Kirby and Mr. Harold Anderson. Ushers were Ralph Finnegan and Everett Senske.
After the ceremony, a reception was held at the bride’s home to about sixty relatives and friends.
Out-of-town guests were Mr. and Mrs. E. Kirby, Mr. and Mrs. Senske, Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Hoyt, Augusta, Mr. and Mrs. John Glanagan, Miss Elma Flanagan, Wheeler; Mr. and Mrs. Orville Walker, Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Walker, Eau Claire; Mrs. Susan Spielman, Henry Speilman, St. Croix Falls; Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Monroe, Fairchild; Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Walker, Alma Center.
After a short honeymoon, the young couple will make their home near Millston, where the groom is employed.
The bride is a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Archie Kirby, and the groom is a son of Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Walker. Both of these young people are well known here, and their many friends extend congratulations and best wishes.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs