Surnames: DECKER ELLENBECKER
----Sources: WEEKLY CLARION (Dorchester, Clark Co., WI) 04/17/1931
Decker, Marie (14 APR 1931)
A very beautiful wedding was solemnized at the St. Louis Catholic Church Tuesday morning at 9:30, when Miss Marie, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Theo Decker, was united in marriage to Clarence Ellenbecker of Milan. The service was read by Rev. Paul Pitzenberger and attended by relatives and friends.
The bride was attired in a beautiful fitted gown of Ivory Satin and wore a long white veil of tulle. White satin slippers and hose completed the attire and she carried a large bouquet of sweet peas and carnations. The bridesmaids were Miss Veronica Decker, who wore a blue georgette gown, and Miss Ellenbecker, who was dressed in a peach georgette. Each wore large picture hats and corsage bouquets of sweet peas and carnations. The groom wore the conventional blue and his attendants, Urban Decker and Mr. Ellenbecker, a brother of the groom, wore brown suits.
After the ceremony a wedding breakfast was served at the Decker home to the wedding party and the immediate relatives. They then drove to Medford to have wedding pictures taken.
Miss Decker is well known to all Dorchester (Clark Co., Wis.) folks, and although Mr. Ellenbecker is not known very well here, we are certain that Miss Decker has chosen wisely and the Clarion joins the many friends in wishing the happy couple prosperity and great happiness in their trip thru life together.
After their honeymoon, the couple will be at home on their new farm seven miles east of Abbotsford on 29.
In the evening, groups from Edgar, Dorchester and the country around Deckers, gathered for a charavari and it was a huge success. One hundred and ten people were counted present and everyone thoroughly enjoyed wishing the newly married couple joy and prosperity.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs