Surnames: KOLSTAD ROSEN KROKSON BURCH
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 06/23/1910
Kolstad, Julia (15 JUN 1910)
A quiet and very pretty double wedding took place at the home of Mrs. Karen Kolstad, one mile north of this city (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.), on the evening of Wednesday, June 15, 1910. The contracting parties were Emil Kolstad and Mrs. Alma Rosen; Victor Krokson and Miss Julia Kolstad. Rev. A.B. Dyre performed the ceremony. The parlor and rooms throughout the house were handsomely decorated for the occasion with roses, smilax and many other kinds of beautiful flowers. Crepe paper decorated the ceilings in a very pretty manner.
At the hour of nine, to the strains of the Lohengrin Bridal Chorus, the two couples came down the stairway to the parlor, where they stood beneath two large bells.
The brides who wore smilax in their veils were attired in white silk and carried pink and white carnations. The grooms wore the conventional black.
Rev. Dyre pronounced the ceremony in a short and impressive manner, which joined each happy young couple as man and wife. They were attended by Miss Edna Burch as maid of honor, and Axel Krokson as best man.
Immediately after the ceremony congratulations were offered by the numerous friends who were present.
Then followed the drinking of wine to the good health and prosperity of their future lives.
At this time the wedding supper was in readiness to be served and the bridal parties and guests repaired to the dining room.
Many very beautiful presents, consisting mostly of silverware, were given each couple.
Mr. and Mrs. Kolstad will remain of the farm just north of town, and Mr. and Mrs. Krokson will make their home for the present in the Albert Johnstone residence on Begley Street.
With their many friends the Gleaner extends congratulations.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs