Rosella M. (1910 - 2006)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: ZICKERT CRONIN HILLMAN
----Sources: Loyal TRG 15 February 2006
Zickert, Rosella M. (1 MAY 1910 - 12 FEB 2006)
Rosella M. "Dolly" Zickert, 95, Greenwood, died on Sunday, Feb. 12, 2006, at Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Marshfield. A memorial service was held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 15, at Cuddie Funeral Home, Greenwood. The Rev. Daniel Welsh officiated.
Rosella Mabel Cronin was born on May 1, 1910, in the town of Warner, rural Greenwood, to Patrick and Anna (nee Hillman) Cronin. She was raised on the family farm and educated in the Greenwood area, graduating from Greenwood High School in 1928. After completing her education, she continued to work on the family farm until her marriage to Martin C. Zickert on Oct. 10, 1936, in Greenwood. They moved to Chicago, where she worked as a maid for four years. In 1940, they moved to Hartford, and lived there until moving back to Greenwood in 1946. She spent most of her time as a homemaker and helped her husband operate their tavern, Mart’s Bar, Greenwood, until they sold it in 1958. Her husband died on May 30, 1987. She continued to reside in Greenwood until entering the Clark County Health Care Center in 2001. She was a member of the former Trinity Lutheran Church, Greenwood, in which she was active in the Ladies Aide, and was a former member of the Westside Homemakers Club. She had many interests, but especially enjoyed gardening, quilting, painting, and performing volunteer work.
Survivors include one son, Col. Martin J. (Penny) Zickert, Vero Beach, Fla., seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; nieces; nephews; other relatives and friends.
Preceding her in death were her parents; her husband; five brothers; and five sisters.
Cuddie Funeral Home, Greenwood, assisted the family with arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs