BioM: Booth, Lulu
Surnames: SCHULTZ BOOTH MAYNARD BARETLL FLAIG HUTCHINSON STUERNER
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Wis.) 01/02/1896
Booth, Lulu (1 JAN 1896)
Married, at the residence of the bride’s parents in this city (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.), Jan. 1st, 1896, by Rev. H. W. Bushnell of Portage, Mr. G. N. Schultz and Miss Lulu, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. H. Booth.
The above was one of the prettiest wedding ever consummated in this city. At just twelve o’clock, noon, Miss Elva Graves, daughter of A. A. Graves of Loyal, struck up Mendelssohn’s wedding march, to the beautiful and enlivening strains of which in marched the bridal party, consisting of the bride and groom, the groomsmen, Messrs. Mit Maynard of Oshkosh, W. D. Bartell and Aug. H. Flaig of this city, and the bridesmaids Misses Claudia Booth and Nina Hutchinson of this city, and Miss Anna Stuerner of Lowell, took their place in the parlor beneath a handsome wreath of smilax, roses and carnations. The room having previously been darkened by placing heavy curtains over the windows, was lighted with lamps lending a very pretty effect. The serious words making them man and wife were spoken by the Rev. Bushnell in an earnest and impressive manner.
For the ceremony the bride wore a white satin dress, with a soft creamy tinge, Miss Claudia Booth, a sea green silk, Miss Nina Hutchinson, a pink silk crepe, Miss Anna Stuerner, a deep pink Henrietta, the gentlemen all wore the conventional black.
After the ceremony and congratulations of the friends present extended to the happy couple, those present repaired to the large room over the new store, where tables had been set and the marriage feast prepared. The room was tastefully decorated with evergreen and banting. Five tables, each capable of seating twelve to fourteen persons, were set in this form (showed a diagram), the central table being occupied by the bridal party, the parents of the bride and the officiating clergyman. When all were seated the Rev. Bushnell said grace, after which a three course luncheon was served. The tables were waited upon by young lady friends of the bride, with F. M. Carver master of ceremonies.
After the dinner the guests strolled about the rooms, sat in the parlors and conversed or, at their pleasure, viewed the presents, of which there were many, all handsome and some of them very valuable.
The house not being commodious enough for a large crowd, relatives and the most intimate friends of the family were invited to the ceremony, but the invitations to the afternoon reception were more numerous, and the house was teeming with friends, the entire afternoon, who called to pay their respects to the bride and groom. Refreshments were served to all, in the upper room.
At six o’clock the happy couple were escorted to the depot for the 6:20 train, on which they took their departure for Chicago, where they will remain the balance of the week with Miss Ella Leffingwell, sister of Mr. Schultz, whose health would not permit her attending the wedding. From there they will go to De Funiak Springs, Fla. To visit Mr. and Mrs. Borden, en-route they will visit Louisville, Nashville, Pensacola and other points. Returning they will visit Mr. and Mrs. Brott at Florence, Ala., and will be absent a month to six weeks. The Colby band formed at the depot and gave them a happy start on their journey.
Mr. Schultz has grown from childhood in our midst, and for a number of years has occupied the trusted position of bookkeeper and manager of the store of A. H. Booth & Co., and has proved a faithful and efficient employee. Miss Lulu was born in this place and has grown up and attained her womanhood right here, and both of them have hosts of friends who wish them a pleasant and joyous journey on their wedding trip and a happy and prosperous journey through life, and the Phonograph is not among the least of them.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs