----Source: Centennial History of the York Center United Methodist Church, 1880 - 1980.
TYLER, ROGER AND LUCILLE
Just north of Granton on the Romadka Road, is the "Old T)rler Place". Now it has a new name and a new look, "Spring Valley Dairy". This is the modern farm site of Roger and Lucille (Greeler) Tyler. Together with their children, David and Judy, they own and operate it today.
This farm has been in the Tyler family for the past three generations. In 1907 Roger's grandparents, Fred and Susan Tyler, bought the farm. They farmed it for many years, renting it out a few years. In 1946 Roger's folks, Dale and Anita Tyler, bought the farm and operated it until 1957. Roger and Lucille purchased it in April of that year.
Since then many new buildings have been constructed, along with more land purchased. In 1949, the former Gust Bergemann farm was purchased. In 1971, the 40 acre farm of James Sturtz was added. The farm now consists of 280 acres with about 240 acres under plow.
Fred and Susan Tyler are both deceased, as are two of their sons, Lloyd and Claude. Dale and Anita Tyler live in Marshfield and he is semi-retired. Ray Tyler, and-his wife Louise, live in Belvidere, Wis. Nina Tyler, a registered nurse of Riviera Beach, Florida, died in 1976.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs