BioM: Braatz, Esther (1932)
Surnames: Braatz, Albrecht, Diemer, Buth, Fenstel Olson, Vorpagel, Schuetze, Hubbard
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 30 June 1932
Braatz, Esther (Marriage - 26 June 1932)
An impressive and pretty wedding took place at Zion Reformed church south of Granton at 2 p.m. June 26 when Miss Esther Braatz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Herman Braatz, became the bride of Rev. Franklin Albrecht, son of Mr. and Mrs. William F. Albrecht of Burlington, Wis. At the same time the silver wedding ceremony for the bride’s parents was solemnized. An address for the bride and groom was made by Rev. A. Diemer and a similar address for the parents were given by Rev. J. G. Buth, who also performed the double ceremony, the double ring service being used.
The wedding march by Lohengrim was played by Mrs. J. Buth and a baritone solo, "Perfect Love," was sung by Harvey Fenstel of Oshkosh, a student of St. Paul Luther College from which Mr. Albrecht was graduated June 9.
The maid of honor was Miss Anna Albrecht, sister of the bridegroom, and other maids were Miss Helen Braatz, sister of the bride and Miss Edna Kurth. Flower girls were the Howard Olson twins of St. Paul and Howard Vorpagel of Burlington was ring bearer. The best man was Erwin Braatz, brother of the bride, and other attendants Victor Braatz, Otto Schuetze of Middleton, Wis., student of Capitol university at Columbus, Ohio.
The attendants for Mr. and Mrs. Braatz were Mr. and Mrs. Carl Braatz and Mr. and Mrs. Clayton Hubbard, their attendants of 25 years ago.
The bride was attired in white chiffon, calla lilies, a veil of lace, cap effect, trimmed with orange blossoms and pearls. The maid of honor wore pink chiffon and carried a large bouquet of pink tea roses. The other bridesmaids wore yellow and light green chiffon dresses and carried large bouquets of roses and sweet peas.
After the ceremony a wedding dinner was served at the home of the bride’s parents which was attended by 150 guests. Two bridal tables were arranged, one for the silver wedding couple and their attendants and the other for the bride and groom and their party. A wedding cake stood on each table.
The bride is a graduate of the Neillsville high school, class of 1927, and of the teacher’s training course. She has taught for four years, for the past three at Merry Vale School in the Town of York. She is a young lady of refinement and charming personality and as a teacher made a splendid record of achievement. The groom, while not widely known here, is a man of the highest ideals and character, having attended St. Paul Luther College and is a minister of the church.
The couple left on a four weeks honeymoon trip to southern Wisconsin and Illinois.
Relatives from Milwaukee, Oshkosh, Random Lake, Fillmore, St. Paul, Cresco, Ia.; Wausau, Burlington, Weyauwega and many other cities were guests at the Braatz home for the occasion.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs