BioA: Davis, Gordon (40th-1901)
Contact: Jane Braun
Surnames: Davis, Schwanebeck, Longenecker, Puscheck, Miller, Brown, Schmidtke, Miller, Freedlund
----Source: Millie Lee Collection, clipped from the Marshfield News-Herald
Davis, Mr. and Mrs. Gordon -- 40th Wedding Anniversary, May 20, 1901 Schwanebeck, Mr. and Mrs. Charles -- 15th Wedding Anniversary
West Fremont Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Davis of Chili and Mr. and Mrs. Charles Schwanebeck of Sherwood were honored at a celebration held at the Fremont Town Hall in Chili on Saturday evening. Mr. and Mrs. Davis observed their 40th wedding anniversary on May 20, and their son-in-law and daughter, were married 15 years ago today.
Mr. and Mrs. Davis were married on May 20, 1901, at the Congregational parsonage in Neillsville by the Rev. G. E. Longenecker. They immediately moved to a farm in the Town of Fremont, where they resided for 39 1/2 years before selling their personal property last fall, renting the farm, and moving to Neillsville.
In March, they spent several weeks with their son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. R. C. Miller, on the farm, and in April, they moved to a house on the Ernest Puscheck farm, one mile west of Chili, where they now reside.
Mr. Davis served as clerk of the Cozy Corner School for several years, and has been a director of the Riverside Co-operative Cheese Company. Mrs. Davis was Viola Brown before her marriage, the daughter of Mrs. Olive Brown, who is now 81 years old. Mr. Davis is the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Wiston Davis.
The Davis’s have six living children; Claire and Arleigh at home; Mrs. Otto (Flossie) Schmidtke, Mrs. R. C. (Ione) Miller, both of the Town of Fremont; Mrs. Charles (Doris) Schwanebeck and Mrs. Norman (Donna) Freedlund, both of Sherwood. One daughter, Lorraine, died in infancy.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs