Bio: Bartz, Carl (7 April 1932)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 7 April 1932
CHILDREN SENT TO SPARTA
Six children of Carl Bartz of the town of Lynn were sent Saturday to the State School for Dependent Children at Sparta. There are two girls and four boys, ranging in age from 3 to 10 years. The mother died last September and the father has made an attempt to care for them, but is in poor circumstances financially and is unable to give the children proper care. They are fine, bright looking little folks.
**From the 1930 Census Wisconsin, Clark County, Lynn
ED 25, Image 6, Date 8 April 1930, Sheet 3-B, Lines 75-83
75) Bartz, Carl (head) age 42, married at 25, born Russia, father & mother born Russia, Immigration year 1913, AL, occupation farmer, general farm, farm schedule 52
76) Bartz, Amelia (wife) age 45, married at 26, born Russia, father & mother born in Russia, Immigration year 1915, AL
77) Bartz, Reinhardt (son) age 14, born Wisconsin
78) Bartz, Arthur (son) age 11, born Illinois
79) Bartz, Ewald (son) age 9, born Wisconsin
80) Bartz, Gertrude (daug.) age 7, born Wisconsin
81) Bartz, Leopold (son) age 6, born Wisconsin
82) Bartz, Celon (son) age 4, born Wisconsin
83) Bartz, Ada (daug.) age 2, born Wisconsin
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs