BioM: Bunkelman, Anna (1916)
Surnames: BUNKELMAN SUENNEN PRENTICE
----Source: DORCHESTER HERALD (Dorchester, Clark County, Wis.) 12/01/1916
Bunkelman, Anna (26 NOV 1916)
Milan Hotel, Milan, Wis., was the setting of a very pretty double wedding Sunday evening, Mr. J. C. Newgard, Justice of the Peace of the town of Holton performed the ceremony.
The contracting parties were Chester Bunkelman of Milan and Miss Tille Suennen of the town of Holton. The witnesses were Robert Prentice and Miss Dora Suennen, a sister of the bride.
The groom is an industrious man who for several years has been in the employment of the Ellingson-Schmidt Lumber Co., and his bride is well known at Milan and surrounding country, being a very pleasant young lady and liked by all.
The other party was Robert Prentice and Mrs. Anna Bunkelman. The attendant were Mr. and Mrs. Chester Bunkelman.
Mr. Prentice is a good businessman who for many years has been the proprietor of the Milan Hotel and saloon, having kept the same in very good order. Mrs. Anna Bunkelman has had charge of the hotel for many years and has made hosts of friends by her pleasant and cheerful manner.
The contracting parties tried to evade the usual serenade by keeping everything very quiet but the Milan people were on their guard and about 11:00 that evening crowds of ladies and men had gathered and the serenade was on. It seemed that even the dishpans, tin pails, tin pans, cow bells, Etc., entered into the spirit of the occasion and played their sweetest.
Well Bob and Chester your many friends extend yourselves and brides their best wishes for a long and happy wedded manner.
Mr. and Mrs. Prentice will still keep charge of the Milan Hotel, and Mr. and Mrs. Chester Bunkelman will at once go to housekeeping in the groom's new house on main street in Milan.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs