BioM: Draxler, Marietta (1944)
Contact: Shari Hahn
Surnames: Draxler, Drach, Steinhauser, Roemer
----Source: Millie Lee’s Collection of News Articles
DR. IRVIN DRACH, MARIETTA DRAXLER EXCHANGE VOWS Ceremony Performed At St. Mary’s Church
Now honeymooning in the southern part of the State are Dr. Irvin A. DRACH and his bride, the former Marietta DRAXLER, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank A. DRAXLER, of Auburndale, whose marriage took place Saturday morning at 9 o’clock in St. Mary’s Catholic Church at Auburndale. The Rev. Joseph Steinhauser officiated at the nuptial High Mass while the church organist played, "O Sanctissima," "Lord I Am Not Worthy" and "Queen of the Rosary."
For the occasion the bride wore a white velvet gown styled with long sleeves coming to points at the wrists, a sweetheart neckline and full graceful skirt ending in a long train. A tiara of lace held her finger-tip veil of imported French tulle and she carried a shower bouquet of talisman roses and swansonia.
Miss Marcella DRAXLER, in a blue taffeta frock and matching blusher veil, carrying chrysanthemums and pompons, was her sister’s only attendant. Sgt. Delmar CROEG, Harvard Air Base, Harvard, NE, was best man.
Following the ceremony dinner was served to 25 guests at the DRAXLER home.
After Oct. 22, the couple will be at home to friends at 105 W. Third street. Dr. DRACH, son of Mr. and Mrs. A.J. DRACH, Medford, attended the Medford high School and the Lincoln Chiropractic College at Indianapolis, IN, from which he was graduated in 1942. Before coming to Marshfield and locating at 105 W. Third street, he practiced in Milwaukee. He is affiliated with the Lambda Chi Beta fraternity and is president of the Lincoln Alumni Association.
Mrs. DRACH was graduated from the Auburndale High School with the class of 1939, and for the past two and a half years has been employed at the Central State Bank.
The Rev. Albert P. Roemer and the Legion of Mary, both of St. John’s parish attended the ceremony in a body. .
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs