BioM: Gallagher, Theodora (1925)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Gallagher, Kintzele, Mallory, Bruley
----Source: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 08/20/1925
Gallagher, Theodora (Marriage - 16 Aug. 1925)
Mr. Harland Kintzele and Miss Theodora Gallagher were united in marriage Sunday morning, August 16, 1925, at the home of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. David Gallagher, on Hewett Street, Rev. Wilson Mallory officiating. They were attended by the bride’s brother and sister, David and Ella Gallagher. Only relatives and a few near friends were in attendance. After a fine wedding breakfast the young couple left by auto for a trip through the northern lake region.
The groom is the son of John P. Kintzele, Register of Deeds. He was born at Romadka, spent his early boyhood days there, entered Neillsville High School when the family moved here and graduated in the class of 1919. After graduation he went to work in his father’s office becoming Deputy Register of Deeds, and at odd times perfecting himself in the art of shorthand which he had studied in high school. In January 1922 he was appointed Circuit Court reporter for this Judicial District and has served most efficiently in that position ever since. He is a young man of high character and a pleasing personality. The bride was born and brought up in Neillsville, went through the grades in Neillsville Schools graduating from high school in the same class as the groom.
After teaching country school successfully for a time she entered the Stevens Point Normal School, graduating in 1923. For the past two years she has taught in the high school at Orfordville, Wis. Both as a student and a teacher she always ranked high in scholarship and devotion to duty. In her home she has been a devoted and helpful daughter and sister. Into their new home these fine young people bring education, culture and high ideals of life. That to these may be added the success and happiness they so rightly deserve is the wish of their many friends. They will be at home after Sept. 1, in the Mrs. Bruley residence, next to the home of the bride’s parents.
Stevens Point , Wisconsin Central State Teachers' College
In 1927 Stevens Point Normal School became Central State Teachers College and began offering four-year teaching degrees. When post-World War II enrollment became less centered on teacher training and more focused on liberal arts education, the Wisconsin State Legislature intervened, elevating the school to a Wisconsin State College with the authority to grant bachelor's degrees in liberal arts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs